Finding the right keywords to write SEO-driven content for your business can be daunting and confusing because most marketers trip at the very first step – where to even begin?
The simplest way to get started is by focusing on the commercial intent keywords, the keywords that indicate the searchers have money in hand and are ready to buy if presented with the right offer.
Keywords that can be as direct as “Buy iphone in Bangalore” or “cheapest pool table” to indirect ones like “best sunscreen for beaches” or “organic mangoes in Bali”.
A simple way to find commercial intent keywords for your business it to use the triad of:
- Industry specific keywords: SaaS, ecommerce, B2B, Organic, healthcare etc
- Location specific keywords: sydney, berlin, new york, near me etc
- Product or feature specific keywords: password management tool, mangoes, dual sim phone, web hosting etc
Combine any two or all three of them and you’d find high intent commercial keywords for your business.
Let’s try the combinations of keywords I mentioned above. I can easily come up with the following keywords which have high commercial intent:
- Password management tool for healthcare
- Organic mangoes near me
- Web hosting for SaaS in Sydney
- Buy dual sim phone in new york
- Best web hosting for ecommerce
And you get the drift.
If you’re not leveraging the commercial intent keywords, you’re leaving a lot of money on the table.
Were you able to think of a commercial intent keyword for your business after reading this? Share one in the comments with me.